Women’s Spring Brunch 03/23/19
The purpose of this meal is to reach out and invite your friends, neighbors, mothers, daughters, sisters, and any other women you know to hear a life transforming message enjoying warm fellowship and savoring delicious food.
Women’s Fellowship Dinner
Held in August, this is an ideal opportunity for fellowship after summer break. This is a time of enjoyment and encouragement around the Scriptures. Come and hear a message from one of our ladies and get connected to other women who attend the Women’s Ministry.
2019 Women’s Retreat 11/1 – 11/2
This annual retreat 1st weekend of November is a wonderful time for women to draw aside for a time of teaching on women’s matters by a “Titus 2” woman.
The purpose of Woman’s Ministry is:
At a recent women’s conference, a young college women asked, “How can I think Biblically about womanhood when I am constantly told to pursue my own dreams, to be true to myself, and to seek my own fulfillment?” The answer to this question is found in the Word of God. It is crucial for women in this day and age to find Godly role models from whom they can seek wise counsel and instruction regarding Biblical truth about womanhood. The current clash of Biblical and secular cultures over gender issues requires that all true believers diligently and earnestly seek Biblical answers to their questions so that they might truly live God-exalting lives.
Older women likewise are to be reverent in behavior, not slanderers or slaves to much wine. They are to teach what is good, and so train the young women to love their husbands and children, to be self-controlled, pure, working at home, kind, and submissive to their own husbands, that the word of God may not be reviled.Titus 2:3-5
- exists for the glory of God (1 Cor. 10:31) by freeing women from men’s duties, removing conflict created by such improper delineation, and by allowing women to fulfill their proper, challenging roles (1 Tim. 5:14).
- recognizes the oversight of elders, and thus functions in submission to those whom God has appointed as overseers of their souls (Heb. 13:17).
- encourages women to service in the context of the church (Rom. 16:1).
- exists to uphold the Biblical definition of womanhood as it relates to the creatorial order of male and female – (Gen. 2:18; 3:20; 1 Pet. 3:1-6).
- finds its motivation in the Biblical calling to godliness in womanhood (Tit. 2:3; 1Tim. 2:9-10; 3:11;5:3-16).
- recognizes the need for the older, spiritually mature women to mentor the younger women in the church (Tit. 2:4-5).
- recognizes that the Word of God is sufficient for godliness, and is the final authority over all that is done. (Tit. 2:5b).
- to meet the needs of women that men, by nature of their masculinity, cannot meet by teaching womanly things, counseling other women, and sharing one another’s burdens (Tit. 2:3-5).
NOTE: The term “older” or mature encompasses both the chronological age and the spiritual level of maturity. Older and spiritually mature women are to pass on the benefit of their experiences to others who are younger and/or less mature spiritually.
However, this in no way prohibits spiritually mature younger women from also teaching, sharing and leading by both precept and example.
The goal of Hickman Community Church’s Women’s Ministry is to see God glorified in the Church as women grow in their roles as ministers of the grace of God through submission to their husbands/elders, the blessedness of motherhood and womanhood, and discipleship relationships.
This will be achieved through the teaching of the Word of God, prayer, accountability and fellowship.