Elders Update 05/14/20
Sunday services link will continue to be sent to your email address, or they can be found on our website http://hickmanchurch.org under “Virtual Services”. We will continue to send out the links on Sunday at 10:15am and 5:30pm consecutively. So, plan on getting together as a family at our usual Sunday service times. Let us use this time to strengthen our families as we sing, pray, and hear the preaching of the Word of God. Also, take the opportunity to share your email with others you know so they can watch the services as well.
We praise God for each gift of life and for His grace over the past year to each of you. May you have a happy birthday as you look forward to faithfully serving the Lord another year. Birthdays this coming week (May 10-16) are:
Chad Van Rys, Patricia Bauer-Reyes, John Comfort, Briana Castrejon, Courtney Blake
Thank you for your sacrificial gifts which enable the ministry to continue in strength. You can give online, by mail or drop of at church office.
If you are new to giving online, please note that there are two ways to give. By Card (Credit or Debit) or by Bank transfer (ACH). To maximize your giving to the church, we suggest you use ACH (Bank transfer) giving if possible as this has less charges attached.
Virtual Services and Blog
All our Sunday services, Pastors Chat, and Stickman Community Church are found at http://hickmanchurch.org/virtual-services. Check it out!
At our Blogsite: Pastor’s Devotion – A weekly devotion from the Pastors for your encouragement.
- Last week: So Much to See. So Much to Enjoy – Romans 8
- This week: Essential Attitudes for Grace Relationships – Philemon 1:4-7
Announcements (Lord Willing)
- We are in our Phase 1: Minimal start up
- Return to office for staff and pastors.
- Daily temperature checks for staff and pastors.
- Daily sanitation of office areas (door handles, phones, common areas, counter tops, chairs etc.).
- Elders meetings including membership interviews, Deacons etc.
- One-on-one discipleship can take place again.
- Family Camp – July 9-11, Thurs-Sat. Our speaker is Jon Rourke who will be preaching on the theme Light Shining Out of Darkness: Hope from the Book of Ruth. Registration will open soon. We are planning in good faith for Family Camp. If you register and we are forced to cancel, you will be refunded all of your camp fees.
- Doxa and Impact Summer Camp – Students going into 7th through 12th grade are invited to Rock n Water in Coloma for a time of whitewater rafting and fellowship. The camp speaker will be Dick Conners of Ceres First Baptist Church, with the theme being “The Armor of God.” The camp will be July 20th -July 23rd (Mon-Thurs). The cost is $340 per student. You can register online now. This is the plan, but if it is cancelled, fees will be refunded. Contact Joe Acosta and look for the email from Joe for more information.
- Yard Sale: Due to the cancelation of the yard sale we are no longer accepting donations at this time. We will let you all know when we are accepting them again
- Men’s Ministries – The men’s ministry is hosting live online bible studies. Contact Josh Taylor or Sam VanDyke if you are interested.
- The Food Pantry will be distributing food each Sunday 12:00-12:45pm.
- Office Hours: The office is now open Monday – Thursday
- If you have any needs at all, please do not hesitate to contact us at the office.
- Pray for our President, Donald Trump, and Governor, Gavin Newsom, for wisdom and for a heart for people over politics. Pray for our local county authorities to help maintain law and order in this trying time.
- Pray for HCC leadership as we seek to implement a regathering process for HCC. Pray we have wisdom as to how best to manage this major step when we are legally allowed to gather again.
- Pray for gospel opportunities for us all. Pray for boldness to speak of Christ with those we come across who are fearful, lonely, or have physical needs.
- Praise God for the evangelism opportunities at the Food Pantry. Pray for those who heard the gospel proclaimed last Sunday.
- Pray for the ongoing protection of our Missionaries (Seehusens in Fiji, Spitales in Italy, Schneiders in Chile, Hurleys in Uganda, Freibergs in Jakarta, and Watsons in New Zealand). Seehusens, Freibergs, and Spitales are the most vulnerable, with minimal hospital provision for the Seehusens and a major outbreak close to the Spitales.
- Pray for both physical healing and spiritual healing for those who get the virus.
- Pray for our medical people – Lance Nelson, Miguel Reyes, Perry Landes, Jordan Hertwig, Jon Mendoza, Briana Castrejon.
- Pray that no one at HCC feels alone. There are people who are more than willing to help in this area with calling, texting, Skype, or Zoom.
Praying for You All,
The Elders – Andy Woodfield, Andrew Callaway, Darryl Shakeshaft, Gary Acosta
Pastor Andy 209 262-7654 – Pastor Andrew 530 356-7330