Discipleship Bible Study
9:45 - 11:15 AM
Contact Diane Ziettlow - (209) 604-5456
The morning Bible study meets each week of the school year in the Family Center to work through Bible study material that is appropriate to the unique role and responsibilities of a woman.
This study group welcomes any woman who wants to grow in her love for and knowledge of God, His Word, and how to apply this love and knowledge to the varying seasons of life to bring glory to God.
Childcare and a supervised school room are available.
Discipleship Bible Study
6:15 - 7:30 PM
Contact Jamie Strehle - (209) 480-2103
The evening Bible study meets each week of the school year with the same goals and purpose as the morning Bible study.
We meet at 102 Selby Way, Waterford, CA 95386, for those who are working during the day. We will be working through the same Bible study book and materials as the morning Bible study.
Childcare is not available.
MINISTRIES & FUNDRAISERS
Contact Gina Souza - (209) 988-5961
We know how exhausting those first weeks of motherhood are. As a church, we provide meals to cover the first two weeks so Mom can get a little extra rest as she recovers.
Contact Natalie Woodfield - (209) 485-4144
We love to bless the engaged women in our midst with a church-wide bridal shower to celebrate their upcoming marriage, show our love, and help prepare them for this next stage of life.
Women and girls (all ages) are invited to showers.
Contact Alyssa Kotta - (209) 542-3482
Every other year we run a yard sale at the church to help fund women's ministry and provide scholarships for our annual conference.
If you have anything to donate, or would like to volunteer your time, please contact Alyssa.
Contact Liz Medhurst - (209) 470-0122
The summer program is on hiatus. Talk to Liz if you have any thoughts for summer workshops, small group discipleship, or field trips.
The purpose of Woman's Ministry is:
Older women likewise are to be reverent in behavior, not slanderers or slaves to much wine. They are to teach what is good, and so train the young women to love their husbands and children, to be self-controlled, pure, working at home, kind, and submissive to their own husbands, that the word of God may not be reviled.Titus 2:3-5
- exists for the glory of God (1 Cor. 10:31) by freeing women from men's duties, removing conflict created by such improper delineation, and by allowing women to fulfill their proper, challenging roles (1 Tim. 5:14).
- recognizes the oversight of elders, and thus functions in submission to those whom God has appointed as overseers of their souls (Heb. 13:17).
- encourages women to service in the context of the church (Rom. 16:1).
- exists to uphold the Biblical definition of womanhood as it relates to the creatorial order of male and female – (Gen. 2:18; 3:20; 1 Pet. 3:1-6).
- finds its motivation in the Biblical calling to godliness in womanhood (Tit. 2:3; 1Tim. 2:9-10; 3:11;5:3-16).
- recognizes the need for the older, spiritually mature women to mentor the younger women in the church (Tit. 2:4-5).
- recognizes that the Word of God is sufficient for godliness, and is the final authority over all that is done. (Tit. 2:5b).
- to meet the needs of women that men, by nature of their masculinity, cannot meet by teaching womanly things, counseling other women, and sharing one another's burdens (Tit. 2:3-5).
The goal of Hickman Community Church’s Women’s Ministry is to see God glorified in the Church as women grow in their roles as ministers of the grace of God through submission to their husbands/elders, the blessedness of motherhood and womanhood, and discipleship relationships.
This will be achieved through the teaching of the Word of God, prayer, accountability and fellowship.